View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Up in this piece.

Update

So, my Permatex seal worked (at least for the time being). I let it sit over night, then snugged everything down Sunday afternoon.

After screwing around with the bypass hose straps (thanks Zeke), I finally got a good seal.

I drove it around for about 45 minutes last night, and it was nice and cool. I decided to drain it and fill it one more time last night, and...

...when I got up for work, jumped in and started it up, the temp gague shot up like a cannon. I drove about 2 minutes, and the temp was getting dangerously high. I stopped, cursed, push 'er home...I believe I forgot to burp it. She's still parked in my driveway, waiting for me to come home.

If, for some reason, I spring some more leaks, I'll have to disassemble the entire set up, polish that housing up (like many suggestions made here), and reassemble. If it doesn't leak, I'm leaving it!

BTW - what's the standard operating temp supposed to be? I thought it would run a little cooler (closer to 80), especially with nightly temps into the 60's here in Michigan.

I'll keep you guys updated. Thanks to all!

In search of my 1987 300D in anything but white.