View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo E320 View Post
Nice project you got there. Should be an absolute beast when its all done. You gonna use the AEM? If you need complete wiring instructions(assuming you retained the stock wiring loom) get a one day subscription to http://www.startekinfo.com/StarTek/ and get all the info youll ever need. I personally used it to assemble a e320, sl600 and a sl500 bible. The sl500 bible is for a um... different project
Yep - I intend to use the AEM at the moment purely because of the spark control, however i will consider other options right up to the point the turbos are on and I need management
I am pretty lucky with regard to the wiring as it is a mix of 190 and S320 wiring and Ben had all of the wiring diagrams he used 11 years ago when he did the swap so the diagrams I have are by far the best for my car.
That said - If there was an AEM specific diagram then thats different

I need to work out what sensors are where as i come from a Honda/Rover background as far as turbo conversions are concerned although have owned my R129 300SL for over 6 years so Mercs are not entirely new to me, the different sensor types and locations are

SL will be next for a turbo conversion though