View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 12:53 PM

Help with 88 560SEC Auto Leveling Suspension

Hello everyone , ive been searching around for days now on this subject and have yet to find a answer to my problem. hopefully you all can help me.

The deal is my 88 560SEC requires some suspension love. currently I have a H&R spring kit for the car as well as bilstien HD's. so far ive replaced the two front springs with H&R and the two front shocks as well with the bilstiens. the problem im having is the rear end. the car is equiped with an auto leveling suspension and i personaly would like to disable or remove this system. after much research using the WIS system and various forum posts ive read through ive come to the conclusion that completely removing the oil pump / oil canister for the leveling system is not an option since i would have a gaping hole in the side of my distributor. after looking at the rear valve that actually controls the flow of oil to the rear struts i believe it might be possible to disconnect the lines running to the struts, and some how lock the valve's control lever in the Nuetral position and cap off the lines that run to the struts. then replace them with the bilstien HD's and H&R springs.

Am i crazy? what do you all think...