View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 08:18 PM

Thoughts on the next step?...

As I shared in my thread about driveshaft/flex disc troubles, I now have the differential out/off of the car. However, that driver's side 1/2 shaft is still stuck. So, I'm trying to figure out what to do next. I tried to call CVJ in Denver tonight to ask them about it, but they were closed. My plan all along has been to remove my own axles and, in an effort to minimize the chances of rebuilds not mating with my diff, send my own axles that I removed and have them rebuild them and send them back to me. Now, it doesn't look like the driver's 1/2 shaft will be going anywhere ( except maybe to the bottom of a lake somewhere).

I wonder if CVJ deals with differentials? If they could procure a differential for me where they are and go ahead and make sure that the reman axles mate with the new diff, that would be really nice. I'm sure it would cost an arm-and-2 legs to ship a differential and two 1/2 shafts from Denver to NC, but I am to that point in this project where I would (almost) walk to Denver to pick it up if this would work out.

After all of this trouble, I just would hate to get a diff off a parts car somewhere, only to find out that the reman axles they send me won't align with it.

Any thoughts?

Ross.