View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliveryValve View Post
None of the X - Body or J - body cars you mention have a turbocharger. They all get their vacuum from the engine. Only the '83 and later J-Body Pontiac Sunbird (which is the renamed J2000) had a an optional turbo. And the reason why you never see these cars you mentioned is they don't last 20 years. It's about good 5 to 10 years too late of seeing a lot of them in the boneyards.
They had a lot of other models of the same make and year ranges when I looked at the junk. So the year ranges of cars are avaliable but not the one on the list.
Even odder I went to the junk yard a few days ago just to get some small parts and stayed longer as I found out when I arrived it was 50% off that day. Stayed longer and found the 2nd Diesel Volvo I have seen at that yard in I believe 15 years!
Since I have one I took some parts off including the Vacuum Pump. So I may not need an electric Vacuum Pump for the Volvo.
I paid $2.50 for the Vacuum Pump as the Lady pricing had no idea about them; even when I told here what it was. A new one is as much as a Mercedes Vacuum Pump.