View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 11:13 PM

Help me here please.

I have a 99' ml430 that i recently bought. It had about 118,000 miles when i bought it and it drove fine. Currently it has 119,200 and it just started acting up. Here is the run down, I drove out of town for about a 1.5 hour drive and then it decided to shut-off on me while i eas driving. After trying to start it back up and realizing it was not going to start I waited for about 20 mins. then I turned the key and as if nothing had happend it turned on, no wierd idle or and funny noises. So on the way back home the next day in the exact same spot it died again. Did the whole waiting thing again and it worked, drove home for about 1 hour and 20 minutes no problem. a couple days later took it out for a drive and after a stopped at a gas station while i was driving home it did it again. This time i watched the temp. guage and it went up 3/4 of the way to its max. So can anyone on here give me a heads up on where to start looking for the problem or have an idea what it can be. Any info will be greatly appreciated THANKS.