View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 05:58 PM
Unregistered User

Quick LCA installation question

Call me a dumba$$ if you must, but I want to make sure I do it right. I am in the process of installing my LCAs with new strut rod bushings. I am a little confused on the process of lining up the strut rod with the lca bushings. From how I am guessing, I need to keep the tightener loose on the strut rod, and try to fit it up. Take it down, turn a thread or two, then put it back up. I am guessing the best I can do is line the lca bushing up as close to straight fit in their fittings.

I lined up the new strut rod bushing with the same number of threads as the old one, but I have tightened like 5 threads from there, I just wanted to make sure I was doing it right.

Is the new strut rod bushing suppossed to be turned for adjustment after it is bolted in? My old one (which was very worn out) turned easily, but the new one doesn't. I haven't pushed it, because I don't want to screw wanything up.

Wife's - '08 Saab Sportcombi Aero

Riding a '03 Yamaha Warrior