View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangofox007 View Post
Don't expect folks on a Mercedes site to know what a YJ is. It's a Jeep thing, they won't understand.
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangofox007 View Post
How is that 617 lower oil pan going to work with an axle in the way? The 4.0L oil pan is shallow up front and deep in the back.

It's got about 5" of spring lift and 1.25" of body, so I'm hoping to be able to raise the 617 high enough for clearance. And I don't see an issue moving the 617 to one side an inch or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomany MBZ View Post
I've seen something along those lines, you drill into the canister, route lines to another filter, and back somehow.
Good luck.
Fawk it...It can wait. Once I get the 617 in and running, then I'll diddle with filter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markp View Post
As for just the filter housing adaptor, they do exist, my friend has one for a 617 swap into a Land Rover,some LandRover nut in CT made it custom. I'll see if I can get his info.
Jim Something, from Series Trek. That's where I saw the pics of a plate like that - on his site...Thanks for triggering the memory...I spoke to him about 6 months ago, When I get the 617 in, I'll give him a call

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markp View Post
Happy trails, I'm doing some crazy wheelin' tomorrow in the Samurai, that VW diesel performs excellent in this thing, I just completely rebuilt the motor and installed it a couple of months ago.
Some details on the YJ - http://www.jeepaholics.com/rides/view.asp?id=554

The plan is to install the 617, convert it to WVO, and turn the YJ *back* into my daily driver/trail rig. I've been running a 98 Sububan on WVO for almost 3 years now, so that part I'm fine with...

Andy

Last edited by murph; 09-12-2008 at 10:05 PM.