View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 01:04 AM

Location: SW Pennsylvania - about 40 mi SSE of steel town usa
Well,
I have a mityvac already, which is a good thing i guess. I really don't know my you know what from a hole in the ground when it comes to these cars though. Its my first mercedes and my first diesel anything. I kind of had done some reading on this site and others which allowed me to at least ask a question that was better than super generic. Thanks for the prompt replies. I am so excited, I almost want to head out there right now 12:59 est and work on it. I guess I'll try the idle first since it seems so low.

I forgot to mention that the odo works, but only intermittently.

I am not really afraid of any of this stuff though, since it runs so great on the highway. One other thing, how high will this thing rev. I felt like I was really abusing it to go 70 - maybe it just felt that way since I had a preconcieved notion that diesels were low rpm chuggers. It was at like 3100 at 75, give ot take a few revs. Does that sound about right.

Oh, and one last ?, I paid 2400, it is an 83 with 269xxx miles on it. Hopefully I didn't overpay by too much. Only one rust spot - drivers rear rocker, if that matters