View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 09:21 AM

c200 sports coupe Radio/Antenna + Lock/Unlock Issue

I purchased my C200 sports coupe exactly 2 years ago (September 2006) and 4 days ago I decided to go for my first Teflon + Polish at a mercedes benz authorized Valeting centre. I have to admit the guys did a great job on the exterior as well as on the interior of the car. They even cleaned the engine (somehow) and this is something I didn't know would happen initially.

However, on my way back home I noticed that my radio was unable to tune to any radio station! The preinstalled stations on the Audio20 radio could barely be heard. Sometimes I can hear clearly a radio station but after a few meters I could only hear white noise! It behaves as if there is no antenna installed.

The other thing I noticed once I parked my car was that the central locking system was unable to receive a signal from the remote key from distances longer than 1-2 meters. While I could lock/unlock the car from distances even up to 50-60 meters sometimes more, now after the teflon/polish/engine cleaning procedure, I have to stand closer than 2 meters from the driver's side pointing the key to the driver's door in order to lock/unlock the car. I have tested this with both 2 keys. The batteries have been checked as well, and they are fine. Fully charged (3V). It seems that only the infra red can lock/unlock the car.

Looks to me as an antenna wiring issue inside the engine. Perhaps somebody and somehow unplugged a wire inside the engine! Any ideas on where to check and what to do? Any pictures showing something useful? Oh yes. There is no antenna mast mounted on the rear glass window. It seems to be an in-glass (integrated) antenna.

I have already booked for an inspection at the Mercedes Benz service centre for the 24th Sep. but untill then I still have 2 weeks to wait unless you guys help me here.

Thanks,

s_liva