View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 03:08 PM
88Black560SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebfl View Post
I imagine Doc was talkin about Beckmann Technologies.

I'm not sure what the trans cares about differential ratio though. Internal ratios will need programming to avoid gear implausibility codes, but those are assessed from input and output inside the trans.
I was afraid he was talking about Beckmann. I did talk with them at great length. They were very helpful but they cant do it. Im starting to belive that the trans ECU caring about diff ratio may very well be hearsay as I got no error codes referring to such.

Quote:
To answer your original question......... Actually before i answer that I should tell you how big a grin I got thinking about how silly it is for someone to just start adapting when they don't know what they are doing. Be thankfull that you have a very limited tool.
Funny you should say that. As I was pressing the buttons I was thinking about how dumb an idea this might be and how I might regret this later. As you say luck was on my side.

Quote:
Activation is the ability to cause an action. Adaptation is a learned process, one can view the results and one can erase the results to start over. Coding is both a noun and a verb. The programming to run the hardware described as control units exists in most MB control units. In order to run in various conditions with different variants, multiple programs are loaded. It is then the technicians job to "code" the control unit to tell it which variants it will exist in. The final result is the code it is running with.
That is kind of what I figured although I had now where to check so I do thank you for the explanation.

I do have a way out of this if ratio is important and unchangable. I can just install the stock SL600 rear. Its not a bolt in but a reasonably doable mod of the rear sub frame.

Thank You
John Roncallo