View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachgeo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Blue View Post
... Since the booster requires a fairly significant vacuum, you could probably do the "thumb over the end of the line" check and see of it gives a pretty strong pull.
Will do.
I have vacuum at end of hard metal line. don't know what " a pretty strong pull." is though. It sucks in and pulls on my fingerpad. Does not sting, does not want to eat my finger, can easliy pull finger away.

When I turn off the key..... and the car does not turn off. If I floor the go pedal it will shut down. I assumed it was running out of fuel and shut down cause of that. Maybe its building vacuum from higher RPM thus activating the vacuum opperated shut down?

maybe related maybe not? At start up when cold the rpm's are slow to return to idle.

The Glow Plug Wait: This waiting period is a moment of silence to pay honor to Rudolph Diesel. The longer you own your diesel the more honor you will give him". by SD Blue

My normal daily life; either SNAFUed- Situation Normal... All Fouled Up, or FUBARed- Fouled Up Beyond All Repair

62 UNIMOG Camper w/617 Turbo, 85 300SD daily driver- both powered by blended UCO fuels

Last edited by coachgeo; 09-23-2008 at 12:01 PM.