View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 11:58 AM

Smile

Wow, Todd. This is good stuff. Thanks. You're helping a lot. I'm starting to understand more and more now. I have 2 more questions as I am done with the rebuild, but have found a few ''issues'' that I am concerned about.
First is the fuel return line. There is a flap on the bottom, that pushed that little pin up, and then there is a ......feeler gauge looking thing in the back that pushes it back down when the gas pedal moves up and down. Mine is tight. Seems to be sticky, and doesn't move a lot. How important is that for the return fuel line? Does it have to move freely? How can I get it to move?

Another issue, is the Vents on the carbs.. Hot start vents. The one spring is worn, and is bent. I don't see any way of getting it out to change, or replace it. Without it I can see where hot starts would be an issue.
Further, I'm missing that bottom spring, and long screw that goes into the vaccuum pot, so someone prior took that part off, and now it doesn't want to push that vent spring up anymore, and the adjustment is all the way out.

Do I change the entire section to fix it? Where can I just get the spring and bolt for that vac pot? I need to address these issues before I put the carbs back on the car. I want the carbs fixed correctly before I got slapping them back on.

Thanks again, for all your help. I'm starting to catch on.

Dave