View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg280 View Post
Having owned one in the past, two things I would verify.

1. Are the cats plugged? That will kill all top end power, and the engine will just dwindle in that range and have not much output.

2. I had a bad o2 sensor in mine, and it made it feel quite sluggish.

Im assuming your fuel pressures are ok.

As for the M103's being slow, I disagree. They definetely utilize all 177 ponies to the max. In a drag race with my friends 88 300E vs my 92 400E, he killed me to 50mph, when I just started to pul ahead. Properly running, they are peppy.

I agree 100%. Also thanks for chiming in, I really do appreciate help from the wise "Old timers" as I am just a youngster looking to learn. I bought a new cataylitic converter from Catco (Non-Calif Emissions Type) about a year and a half ago, however, since then I have done adjustments to the A/F mixture, would it be likley that errors in the A/F mixture adjustment plug my cat up in that span of time?
Good suggestion on the O2 sensor, I'm going to pick up a new 3 wire mustang O2 sensor at Pepboys and solder that puppy in. I also am going to pick up 6 new NGK plugs, as my previous A/F tuning mishaps have most likley taken a toll on the plugs.

Thanks again, any other suggestions are more than welcome here!