View Single Post
Old 04-08-2002, 07:52 AM
Hans Ribbens Hans Ribbens is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 47
Yes. And no. On the M103 engine that tube can be removed. According to MB, you need to trim the tube near to the engine block, and then crimp the tube with a punch, bending and effectively collapsing the tube. You then wiggle this collapsed tube out, smear locktite on the new tube and insert the new tube as far as it can go. If you are envisioning this as a short cut to replacing the bypass hose, it almost certainly won't work as the water pump will get in the way when trying to insert the new tube. I have no opinion regarding other engines.
Reply With Quote