Thread: 722.6 Issues
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 05:22 PM

722.6 Issues

I have read all of the 722.6 threads, and I'm quite sure my issue is different.

I bought this car (99 C230 K) 2 weeks ago, I did not notice any problems at the time.

The main issue is intermittent, seems to happen both when warm or cold, but I think its more common when the tranny is cold. I cant confirm this, since its only been a couple of days.

Regular driving, with slow acceleration is 100% normal. As soon as I try to accelerate quickly, like when merging, or just quick accelerating from the stoplight, strange things begin to happen. The car will hold gears (I think its usually third) and instead of shifting into 4th will sort of bounce back at around 4k RPM, as if it was hitting a rev limiter. Then it may start dropping RPMS, or just jerk back and forth until I back off on the throttle. Quite dangerous during merging.

Then other times, after restarting the car, it will just behave normally and accelerate through the gears flawlessly.

Other symptoms include holding gears for far too long when cold, and the odd time, the engine will race while the car barely accelerates.

It almost feels like the ASR is kicking in, but the ASR light is not coming on, also I believe the ASR operates after the transmission and thus would not affect my revs?

I just bought this car, and am definately not in the mood for a tranny replacement. Will take to dealer in a few days for diagnostics.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,