Thread: 722.6 Issues
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelinski View Post
Regular driving, with slow acceleration is 100% normal. As soon as I try to accelerate quickly, like when merging, or just quick accelerating from the stoplight, strange things begin to happen. The car will hold gears (I think its usually third) and instead of shifting into 4th will sort of bounce back at around 4k RPM, as if it was hitting a rev limiter. Then it may start dropping RPMS, or just jerk back and forth until I back off on the throttle. Quite dangerous during merging.

Then other times, after restarting the car, it will just behave normally and accelerate through the gears flawlessly.....Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
About two weeks after I purchased my 00 230K my car exhibited exactly the same behaviour, it turned out to be a faulty air mass sensor.

I'd have the dealer check the fuel mixture adaptation values, If they are above 1.20 there is a pretty good chance you need a new air-mass sensor.

It was amazing to me how much the new air-mass sensor changed the behavior of the 722.6 transmission in my car - when the bad AMM was in place the shifts were sometimes harsh and the car seemed to make odd decisions about when to upshift and downshift. After the new AMM the transmission behaves (at least to me) perfectly.
16 C300 (62K)
82 300GD Gelaendewagen (54K)