View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 02:51 AM

1993 300ce New Tumbler, Won't Start

I just replaced my ignition tumbler... prior to replacement the car was running fine around 1 year ago according to my aunt. When I put it all back together, I reconnected the battery and it was drained so I jumped it, and when I got back in the car to turn it over, The alarm was set off. I heard some sort of Relay clicking under the dash and a red light on the left of my knee panel near my headlight switch blinked repeatedly. The alarm went off eventually, the red light and relay took much longer to stop.

The red light no longer blinks nor do I hear the relay clicking, or alarm. I have tried several more times to turn it over again and It did not start. The ignition will go into position 1, 2 where I get all electrical functions (windows, doors, seats roof, lights on instrument cluster.)

I am wondering if this is an issue with the alarm still being engaged or if I have somehow messed up the ignition when replacing the tumbler assembly...I did have to shake it and beat on it to remove the tumbler... Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

James