Thread: Buffalo, NY
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 03:46 PM

Thumbs up Martin gets my vote

This is an old post admittedly but having just nosed into it I feel its worth a reply. I would reccomend Martin's Motorwerks as mentioned earlier in this thread. I was taking on of my cars to a more convenient shop and began to get concerned about how long the repair was taking. Not wanting to upset the guys there I took a low level approach by showing up and just asking how things were going..in which they always felt progress was being made but still no final solution. One day in casual conversation the owner metioned Martin as a source of some hard to find parts so I made the trip and found some surprising things. Martin knew immediately all about my car and the issues being addressed at the convenient shop. It turns out that my local guy worked for Martin in the past and was calling him for step by step ideas how to address my problems! The more Martin and I talked the more I discovered that just about anyone who had an independent shop in the area had worked for Martin at one time or another. They all began at his shop and then once they felt confident took off and opened their own shops.
There may be several Jedi "Star" Warriors in WNY but Martin is Yoda. Hes not only old country..hes old school as well. He doesnt operate from service manuals..he doesnt need them. If you own an older Merc Martin is your guy.