View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 11:44 AM

Location: Out in the Boonies of Hot, Dry, Dusty, Windy Nevada
At this stage in your life it would be probably cheaper to replace with original until you get your feet under you financially. you have to keep the bank happy (MOM) for now.

When I redid my hoses similar to OMEGABENZ picture, I was installing a Amsoil full flow/bypass filter system. I mounted it behind the L/F headlight. so then I had to run two additional lines.

I used a dremmel with a cutoff wheel and sliced through the metal crimps. removed the hoses, and there are the barbs the old hoses crimp onto.

Took them to our local hydraulic hose shop (The Hose Shop) and had new hoses made. cut off the barbs and welded on threaded fittings on all 4 metal pipes. the hose is a push lock type so no clamps are needed, but I installed some for a piece of mind.

so now the oil flows from the oil filter housing to the Amsoil filter setup, then to the oil cooler and then back to the original filter.

The bypass holds 1 1/2 qts and the full low hold 1 qt or so additional oil.

Have no idea what this cost don`t want to know (either does my wife) .

Just upgrading to the hoses and having the ends welded on would probably cost more that stock hoses. Since I figgured my bubble gum welding wouldn`t hold and or look good, then I paid to have it done.

Charlie

1) Not much power
2) Even less power
3) Not nearly enough power!! 240D w/auto

Anyone that thinks a 240D is slow drives too fast.

80 240D Naturally Exasperated, 4-Spd 388k DD 150mph spedo 3:58 Diff

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works