Thread: Bad mechanic
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2002, 04:34 PM

I know this guy is asking for advice because I read his first post, and took the time to try to help him out. My response was one of the first.

After looking over my comment about his grammar - I'll admit I probably should have considered if the person speaks English as a second language or not. I taught English and ESL at a high school right out of college before I went to Japan. I know how hard it is to learn English for non-native speakers. I also know how hard it is to learn a foreign language, as it took me 4 years in college and 4 years living in Japan to learn Japanese. I know what it's like to struggle with correct grammar and making mistakes. But I learned and do pretty good, but not perfect.

You may have noticed the I've made hundreds of posts and not once corrected anyone's English, punctuation, grammar, or spelling. Not once. We all make some mistakes, including me, and it doesn't matter that much.

Just look over the last post. It's hard to read, and I've taught English, and corrected papers, compositions for a living. He's asking for some help, and there's nothing wrong with that. He also got some good tips from two or three people, with some questions asked that he completely ignored. It would also just be easier to read if you could tell where one sentence ends and one begins.

If this person was raised in the states and went through our school system, it says a lot about the quality of our education.

2001 E430, Bourdeaux Red, Oyster interior.
79,200 miles.

1973 280SE 4.5, 170,000 miles. 568 Signal Red, Black MB Tex. "The Red Baron".

Last edited by suginami; 04-10-2002 at 06:47 PM.