View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 01:14 AM
putputputputputput

Well, the 107's could be nice, but the bumpers just ruin it for me, and they started butchering the curves I like so much from the older cars. The next gen 129's I don't like because they are too flat and very common in my area. They fixed the flat look with the slk, but it also doesn't do it for me. I do thank everyone for mentioning safety issues of the old cars.

After much thought, I had almost decided on the pagoda 280sl.. it just looks like what I want. But - after reading the 3k suspension lubing, etc, I dunno - there's stuff I know I can do, and stuff I'm afraid to do. I have a trusted, expert mechanic for mbz, but it is such a hassle going there because I have to trouble another person to give me a ride from/to the shop. I got spoiled with the rental from my british sports car dealer!

I'm talking myself out of everything, haha Maybe I could just keep dad's s320 for the daily driver, and get the pagoda for when I go out on a date or something? A bit of an expensive toy for something like that and at my young(er) age. Hmm, can one retrofit heated sits into the older cars?? *ducks*

Thank you for putting up with me.