Thread: Bad mechanic
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2002, 07:00 PM

O.K., I give up. It's no big deal to me really. We're just trying to help the poor guy who appears to have a car that needs more work than he thought going into it.

I have to admit I was a little disappointed that he provided little technical data on his car, mileage, etc., and then when he was asked questions by three people, he ignored most of the questions so it was hard to proceed.

I complained about the post because it was hard for me to read, but I still got what he was trying to relate. His second post was much harder than the first, but I still got it.

I'm not commenting about the use of proper English. We all abbreviate, screw up spelling, and use fragments, and short-hand when posting. I've never brought this up before.

I just think the poster could have tried a little harder, like capitalizing the first letter of the sentence, and using sentences that were shorter and ended in a period, and then maybe using a comma when he was connecting run-on sentences. And maybe a semicolon in place of the words 'and' or 'but' or when commas have already been used in the sentence to connect things.

I can't believe I'm even talking about grammar (I've moved on from teaching years ago), but I'm exiting this thread.

I hope the guy comes back, gets the help he needs, and maybe purchases the parts from Fastlane.

I'm sorry the grammar thing took over the thread.

2001 E430, Bourdeaux Red, Oyster interior.
79,200 miles.

1973 280SE 4.5, 170,000 miles. 568 Signal Red, Black MB Tex. "The Red Baron".