View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblack View Post
Ok, I am back from the car,

Thanks for all the response and piece of mind about the "remaining oil pressure"

May the pressure was to high original according to the specification?
I assume that the oil pressure is taken somewhere in the oil gallery so that should be after the filter.
Please correct if I am wrong.

In the mean time I have left the Mahle filter in and replaced the completely hardened O-rings with new ones.
It did not make a difference.

In the oil stem pipe ( the one through the filter ) are a hole in top and bottom. This should be to allow the air out. I can only blow through it in one direction and that is towards the bottom of the filter.
That would make sense, it would allow the air out and not allow the air back in and drain the filter out.
So I assume this is good.

I bought another purolator filter and changed it with the Mahle. No difference.

So it only can be the viscosity of the old oil versus the new oil.

I have the car for about 14000 miles and the pressure has always been 2.1 to 2.4 at idle depending on wheather and driving situation.

I regret not bringing up one more variable:
WVO

Since the last oil change the car has driven 3500 miles on veggie oil, centrifuge filtered soybean. Two tank system. Heated to 160-170 before the ip and up to 220 through injector line heaters electronic induction style.

Can veggie oil pollution have increased the viscosity of the old motor oil?
How does that relate to my oil pressure before the conversion.

Thanks again for al your inputs.

The hole you are speaking of is part of the Oil Bypass Filtration part of the oil system. The Oil filtered by the larger upper part of the Oil Filter goes through that little hole, down the hollow stem and past a Check Valve in the stem (why the air will only blow 1 way throught the stem). The Oil from this part of the system gets dumped back into the pan.

The smaller lower part of the Oil Filter is the Full Flow part of the oil system and that Oil goes into the Oil Gallery.

Last edited by Diesel911; 10-09-2008 at 10:20 PM.