View Single Post
Old 08-17-1999, 07:36 PM

The 500e I work on currently has ASR defeat switch,renntech limited slip diff,chip,ramair box,cat back exhaust,renntech valvebody in trans. It also has 600sl brakes,koni shocks,renntech front swaybar,ducted brake cooling system,stainless brake hoses,and 18" carrlsons w/pilots for street use and 17" toyo proxes dot race tires for track use. Originally the owner was planning on installing a 6.0 renntech v-8 in the car and the 5.0 was running a little hot on roadcourses in july/aug temps. After installing the radiator and redline waterwetter he told me that the car doesn't get hotter than 100c anymore at the track. He just recently bought a new toy a RUF turbo 911, for track events thus his 500e has been put back to daily driver status. Unforunatley, being in Kansas, there aren't too many people around here who "hotrod" their benzes. I currently have only three customers with "real" modified fast benzes,1AMG HAMMER,1500e,and a 190 16-valve. I have quite few (500e,C36 etc.) performance models that come in for service work,but most of these people don't use the cars or realize the potential of what they have.