View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 06:36 PM

123 injection pump leak at delivery valve

I have done a search for strings addressing this issue but cannot find pictures or diagrams telling me what everything is and where there should be a replaceable crush washer on the injection pump for a 1985 300TD injection pump.

I removed the #1 delivery valve, spring, and whatever the spring rides on top of to do a drip test for i.p. timing last week. I also pulled out whatever the little valve thing under the spring rides inside of (I thought maybe it was a washer but it is about 3/4 of an inch deep with a hole in it) and put it back before the drip test. I put it all back together and have diesel leaking from the delivery valve threads. I did not see any crush washer between these parts. I took apart once more to check that it was all together ok and that I didn't crack any threads, etc. I had read about a groove that needs to be aligned but saw nothing of the sort on any pieces (except for the four grooves on the thing that the spring rests on that I assume diesel travels along when it is pushed up out of the piece it rests inside of. Sorry for the lack of terminology here. Terms and diagrams, pictures, explanations would be a great help (or direction to a thread that has already been over this). This is about the last issue my wonderful car has now.

-Jeb
Austin, TX