View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 09:18 PM

Today I attempted to clean out the tank as best I could. I wasn't able to do a perfect job, but I did manage to remove quite a lot of gunk out of the swirl pot. Shame the sender isn't right above it, it would have made that job much easier!

Next step was to re-install the tank. That took most of the day... Quite a challenge with one person and the the car not being raised! (I really need to find a better place to work on the car). Eventually I got it in and the everything re-installed. Before I re-connected the return line I put it in a bottle and I was getting decent flow from the tank.. the colour of the petrol wasn't as good as I hoped since I had just filled the tank up with new petrol.

Anyway, I let the car idle for about 15 mins while I packed up all my tools and then took it for a drive for about 30 mins.. so far so good.. no stalling and seems to run ok. Not perfect, but ok - So probably would do it good to give it a nice run on the interstate and check that air filter that Joe mentioned too. (thanks for the tip!)

Anyway, I'll be taking it for more of a run next weekend, and thanks to everyone that replied to this thread.. the advice was invaluable!

http://www.classicjalopy.com