View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 08:23 PM
88Black560SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipplem104 View Post
I was reading about megasquirt and it seems that you would have to run two computers to run the v12. Seems to me that your starting to not be so cheap anymore. Also how accurate is the timing on that setup. Does not seem worth it to me.
The Tec3 can run your car well and set up is so easy. If you can wire it up and get a trigger wheel on it. Then you can get the tuning done.
If you buy everything to run the car as a complete kit you would only be looking at 2500-3000 dollars. The tech support is really good also. People actually answer the phone and return your phone calls.
I paid under 2000 for mine with just the ecu package and a crank wheel and sensor. I used factory sensors for everything else. My map table is a little off but everything else works great. I would probably get a gm map sensor to start over again. I am going to have to anyway. I was probably at 2200-2300 running.
I had never done tuning on a stangalone before I got it and it was cake.
It does seem to me MS is the cheepest solution even if I have to buy 2. All the systems I've reviewed to the best of my understanding seem to indicate 8 cyl max or 12 cyl wasted spark. Roman seems to be of a different opinion. I think the MS is a good way to start out. Then when I know what Im doing I can use anything.