View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 07:07 PM
salt and sand go hand in

fact of the matter

is that I have realized that for the amount of work, and money it would take to make this vehicle roadworthy again plus the additional assumed risk of unexpected issues, besides the engine either rebuilt or risk a used one, and to just make the interior drive-able, would take a very patient and skilled DIY'er/mechanic with lots of extra time, or money to make it go.

I spoke to one of my mechanics and he, being in the business of fixing these cars, didn't think it had any value what so ever unless you are throwing 8K at it or can rebuild the front end, install motor, redo brakes, etc,etc,etc or unless it was in "out of the box new condition" then, just the engine and off you go.

I bet the guy will end up junking it unless someone has these resources/capitol/time available, which I certainly don't.

I understand that these vehicles required some 3 hours of tuning after 6K miles. He paid $2500 on it then tuned it once in 5 years of use and drove it till if died. He has kept in his garage now for 8 years! What a waste of space.

Last edited by DubMutant; 10-17-2008 at 07:14 PM.