For the insert...
1. Remove two top outside grills urround bolts.
2. Remove 4 spring clips from each corner of insert
3. Remove front laurel wreath star.
4. Remove screw from bottom of chrome surround.
5. Wedge insert out of surround.
If you want to remove the whole surround, there are 6 bolts total.
two are visible. the others are hidden under the slightly raised areas ont he underside of the hood. a small ratchet works great to get in there.
The frame will be easy to remove then.
But if you just want to do the insert, you do not have to remove the frame.
While you have the insert out, why net get it coated matt or semi gloss black.
'92 300CE - Sold
2004 C240 - C7 Wheels
2015 ML350 - P1, Pano, Ash poplar wood, Sport Dinamica interior, Running Boards Keyless go.