View Single Post
Old 04-15-2002, 12:09 PM

Your change interval is certainly good with Mobil 1 15W-50 and your driving style. If I were you, I would not bother to change the filter in the middle interval as the standard filter cannot filter soot particles anyway (too small for the filter).

You mentioned about the lack of MB approval of the new SuerSyn in a previous post. The 15W-50 oil is NOT available in Germany (they have a 5W-50 that we do not see here). That might be the reason that the new one has not carried the approval yet (it eventually will, I believe).

I think I said before about this. Mobil 1 0W-40 and 15W-50 are excellent oils but the 5W-30 and 10W-30 with SuperSyn showed some deteriorations in terms of pour and flash points, and cold pumpability. Incidentally, Mobil 1 5W-30 and 10W-30 are not available in Germany.

The 15W-50 with SuperSyn has something like Roger Penske uses it but then it says someting like suitable for amature racing. This is a nother double talk I do not like. Mobil wants us to believe that the oil we buy at the stores are the ones used in professsional auto racings. But they are apparently not.

Last edited by loubapache; 04-15-2002 at 01:36 PM.