View Single Post
Old 04-15-2002, 08:00 PM

i can make my own musical symphony!!!

I seriously can make my own musical symphony in my car, i was doing it in line at taco-bell, albeit, it sounds like crap. I'm starting to wonder about this car. I absolutey HATE squeaks/rattles etc, they bug the living crap out of me. This car emits more noises than a dying cow. I sincerely hope to get rid of all of them when i redo alot of the front end(basically whatever i can do myself) and the rear mounts. If that doesn't solve them i give up, i'll live with them, i will live in pain with them. Here is my plan of attack, if anyone sees anything wrong with this let me know. This weekend, i'll attack my front end with a can of lube, spraying one part at a time untill i find my noise makers. ONce that is done, i will know exactly what i need. I will then get the parts i need, and replace them over the course of a week, once summer starts(car out of commision). I will have to rent the ball joint press tool, and rig something to pop out the drag link. After that i will replace the shocks if necessary(what brand). Next i'll move to the rear of the car, replace rear subframe mounts(how hard??), change the diff oil(how hard??) and replace rear tranny mounts and rear diff mounts. Then, i'll put the car on the ground and drive the piss out of it for about a 1/2 hour, and make sure no new noises have appeared. I will also be putting high performance brake pads up front to replace the cheapo ones, and re-installing the sensors(what brand pads are recomended). Does this look like a good POA?? thanks
Ryan
2001 IS300.......sold
2002 330i.........current.
2004 highlander limited....current.