View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 11:50 AM
Retired Webmaster

Lightbulb 2009 Mercedes-Benz CLS550

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLS550

Maybe it doesn't handle with the precision of the XF, or with the aggressiveness of its AMG counterpart, but for pure presence, the CLS is hard to beat.As I drove home in the CLS last night, I couldn't stop thinking about Jaguar's XF. The Mercedes has a dramatic presence that the XF is missing. I don't find the CLS gorgeous - especially the headlights - but it does stand out in the crowd. What a great concept Mercedes has. Build the E-Class for the more traditional Benz buyer and the CLS for the person who wants a bit more style. Unfortunately, the CLS doesn't drive as well as the Jaguar. The Mercedes V-8 is very strong but the seven-speed automatic is slow to downshift. I also find the air suspension really disconnects the driver from road. It is too floaty and I don't like constantly having to toggle the suspension switch to try to contain body motions. In the end, I wish the XF was more dramatic like the CLS but that the Mercedes drove as well as the Jaguar.

Photo Gallery: 2009 Mercedes Benz CLS550 - Mercedes Benz Luxury Sedan - Automobile Magazine

Read More | Digg It | Add to del.icio.us

More...
Automobile Magazine
10-31-2008 05:10 AM