View Single Post
Old 04-16-2002, 08:47 PM

HEY GUYS, THIS WAS A GREAT THREAD, THANKS TO ALL FOR GOING TO THE TROUBLE TO POST SUCH GOOD INFORMATION....

My question is:

If , here in Texas , I needed a little more cooling capacity....( I have heard people say that it was only in stop and go traffic in the heat that they felt a difference in the 134 compared to the 12)....lets say I want to convert to the 134 but try to minimize that difference or eliminate it entirely....(because in stop and go traffic is when I most need my ac... !
Does anyone know if some upgrade like using or making a larger condenser would be addressing the problem in the right direction ? Could two reciever/dryers be used hooked up in parrellel to increase the amount of 134... assuming that it has less ability per unit of quantity... and I would like to increase the volume... ? How about a list of the first/most logical itemS to upgrade (and what that means in that case ) In other words.. am I barking up the wrong end of the tree and need a bigger evaporator, for instance... Thanks, Greg

I can make one.... so don't get hung up on the fact that bigger units are not available for my 1981 wagon...