View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 12:51 PM

Cool Springs In

Springs are in and the car looks awesome!!

The specified drop was 30mm, looks more like 40 - 50 mm; but hey Im not compaining!!

Still running with stock shocks, but will be pricing up some shortly as I've had a couple of people suggest the stocks are shot. Any reccomendations ? Keeping in mind that I'm going for keeping ride comfort - ride is much the same with the new springs. Part numbers would be helpfull !

Camber doesn't look like it will be an issue. Slight negative by looking at the wheels, but the tread is sitting flat with the road.

Couple of questions:

Will replacing shocks affect the alignment? Me thinks it shouldn't

If my current shocks are shot, will new ones raise the hieght?

I have no rubbing anywhere, except my front drivers side wheel when braking hard. It's always rubbed, even before lowering. It rubs at the back of the tire - Why just this side? Everything is identical.

How do you tell if the shocks are shot? I Noticed when I had them lose, there was almost no resistance compressing them.

I will post up some pics later.

Some advice though! Don't skimp on spring compressors, because when they let go, you want to be somewhere else!! First spring that came out was sitting on the driveway, could see the compressor bending so I left it be. Could hear it let go from inside the house!!! Scary stuff.
1993 280E 120000KM - Built like a brick, the best one yet