View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 09:35 PM

A few questions...w124

I went through with replacing my OVP today for a hot start issue I've been having. I'm not sure if the issue got fixed or not since it's difficult to recreate consistently but I guess time will tell.

In the meantime, I ran into a couple of surprises along the way.

1. On the driver's side, infront of the wheel well, there looks to be a rubber plug. I also noticed its a constant area where a little bit of water pools up. Seems to me that it should be a drain hole, but after cleaning things out the rubber plug is solid. Is it supposed to be a drain hole? Seems like a good candidate for rust to start. (picture DSC_0407.jpg)

2. The broken plastic clip was used to hold a bundle of wires to a screw. Since it is broken I'm not sure it is doing its job. Should I replace it? What does it do? (picture DSC_0426.jpg, DSC_0427.jpg)

3. There looks to be quite a bit of surface rust on the metal panel that separates the engine area from the battery / electrics area on the passenger side. Should I be concerned about this? (picture DSC_0429.jpg)
Attached Thumbnails
A few questions...w124-dsc_0407.jpg   A few questions...w124-dsc_0426.jpg   A few questions...w124-dsc_0427.jpg   A few questions...w124-dsc_0429.jpg