View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 12:14 AM

I just added some Hella e-codes to the wagon. I got these from Susquehana Motorsports, very good customer service and knowledgeable people there. I got the +50% xenon bulbs, they don't have the blue coating and are a fairly white color. The 50% thing means it has about half of the maximum effective amount of xenon in the bulb. The max amount is someling like 3% of the gas in there, so its not much. But the light they put out is nice.

Didn't drive it around much, so I haven't yet seen the drastic improvement in the light, but I put a set in the 240D just after I got it and that made a huge improvement. So I figure the wagon will see a similar improvement. But I see what you mean, SB, about wanting flatter fogs now It does look a little funny, but unless you're looking, it doesn't stand out. (The yellow street light was doing funny things to my white balance..I tried fixing it in photoshop, but it still looks yellow)

The sealed beams really made the 240D look bug-eyed compared to the e-codes. I like them a lot in the w115 headlamp spot. (The camera must have had an easier time getting a white balance reference off the lighter paint)

So, did you come up with a good fog lamp alternative for the w123 yet?
Attached Thumbnails
W123 Fog Lamp upgrade???-300td-h4.jpg   W123 Fog Lamp upgrade???-240d-h4.jpg  

Last edited by pizzachef; 12-05-2008 at 12:22 AM.