View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtmbz View Post
How do the monark nozzles compare in quality with the Bosio in your opinion?
I only know what I have read about Bosio Nozzles. There was a Post last year where A member had 1 nozzle go bad; but Bosio said it was the fuel he was using (he was not using Diesel). I don't follow that logic as the rest of his Injectors had no problems. Perhaps that Member will read this an Post his comments.

Another member Posted that Bosio had a spat of quality control issues.

But of the actual Bosio users that I have read except for the 1 Member the comments are that they make slightly more noise but they feel the give them more power/response (have not read any Dyno tests).
Not related to Mercedes but VW TDI fans seem to like the ones they make for those Engines.

I have more experience with Bosch Nozzles working in a shop than anything else but only up until 1980. In the 5 years I worked in a Fuel Injection Shop I saw the quality of the Bosch Nozzles drop some. This was when they were still being made in Germany or France.
Compared to those Bosch Nozzles I tested back then and the couple of sets of Bosch (made in Brazil) Nozzles I have run in my Volvo since 1992 I can say that out of the box the quality of the Monark Nozzles is higher in every respect than the Bosch Nozzles.
Last month I bought a set of 6 Monarks for a 617 and put them in my 6 cyl Volvo Diesel (I did not tell C Sean Watts what I was going to use them for). I achieved no big difference except that my idle is quieter.

I bought a used set of 5 Injectors as the price was right on Ebay and 4 of the Injectors have Bosio Nozzles. However, they are not the ones for a Turboed Engine which is what I would need.

Sorry I cannot be more helpful.