View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 01:02 AM

OK, so this has turned more into a blog where I share what I have learned as I go...

So, I took off the motor and found that the internal gear was made of high quality plastic and basically it broke in half. So, I went to my local Autozone auto parts store and they looked up the matching motor and I bought it (about $85) and took it home. Everything looked identical except my motor had a female connection with the linkage and the new motor had a male connection. I thought it was incorrect and went to 3 stores to try to find a motor with a female connection with no luck. They all came up with the same motor I originally bought. So, frustrated, I went back home and found that the central linkage shaft could be removed and the new motor basically already had this shaft as part of the motor. So, don't be fooled by this. It is workable by just removing the central linkage shaft!

So, got it put back together, but couldn't get the wipers to stop in the right place when I turned them off. So, it is important to have the linkage attached where the two arms are at their right most position. Keep the linkage lined up in that position and put the plastic hood molding back in place, then place the wiper arms in their off position at the bottom of you window. Then you are in business. I hope this helps someone else.