Thread: RallyX'd my 240
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 04:51 PM

RallyX'd my 240

I picked up a strong running 240D winter car for 200 bucks. I decided to run it in a RallyX. She did pretty well for a 240D, the 4spd manual was a god send, felt really good. I mounted some studs that came with the car, changed all fluids, made the throttle open way past stock, installed a 300D rad/overflow tank (since it is all I had and the 240 Rad was questionable). I think I suprised some folks.
On the afternoon course, there was a big dip that I was not letting off for , unfortunately it caused the throttle linkage rod to pop out on two runs (which I was able to quickly fix both time fortunately). Put on a good show though. The suspension travel in these things are unreal.
I have my eye on a 4000Q for sale nearby, but I gotta say, that W123 felt really good, makes me think about preparing one for rally: how about a Gutted CDT, 617T, 4spd man, welded 3:47, 1-2 " lift, 15x7 steelies with nasty rally tires, skid plate, etc.?
the 240 just loved to drift, felt very predictable and solid. People said it sounded like a gasser the way she was cryin! I beat my only competion in RWD stock - a Fiero. he was having a good time too.
There were some fun cars to watch. An A4 racer won it, a couple other cool quattro's, and a nast all trac Celica put on quite a show.
I Drove her home with out incident, now she'll be doing 500+miles/wk commuting.
Anyone know of any ratty CD's in NE area?