View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 05:37 PM
10mm MW

i.e. a glow plug[/quote]

I have read that others have used the plow plugs as a method of determining, not measuring, fueling changes at idle.

I am going to make a glow plug output measuring machine for lack of a better description. ( not calibration). The purpose is to have a controlled chamber that is instrumented to document the glow plug MV output per X* in temperature. Each plug would be tested and it's output documented for reference later.

Once each plug has a reference sheet they will be installed in the engine. I will then make sure each plug is isolated during operation and will have MV gauges in the glove box to monitor each plugs output live.

If this method of measurement is valid, then it would provide valuable tuning information.

I just got the 4 Speed trans today, ordered new hydraulics, and took the flywheel to the shop to be resurfaced. Once the car is road worthy, the EGT and glow plug monitoring system is the first things on the list.

Having never tried to use the glow plugs as thermocouples, am I missing something?

ConnClark, I am glad to hear that I am not too far off in the woods. Thanks for your courteous critiquing of my ideas and keep them coming.