View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 11:36 PM

HELP ASAP! 89 190E stranded won't start can someone help me diagnose this!

i'm stranded far from home with a 1989 190E i just recently bought and unfortunately don't know to much about .... it seemed to be running fine and then died and i can't get started i'm thinking maybe it ran out of gas and possibly sucked up some crap from tank and plugged fuel injector module on top of engine .... i need some advice on how to diagnose it!!

the first time i started it today it seemed to start fine ... just take a little longer and idled smoothly about five mins .. @ least then choked and died .. when i tried to restart ...totally dead .. no fire .... i then noticed the reserver light on ughhhhhhhhh! and assumed i might have ran out of gas and put in 6 gallons ..... from jerry can ...

@ first i thought it was maybe a dead fuel pump but it seems like lots of pressure when i loosen the big pipes coming into it when you crank the starter over .....

and the smaller pipe that goes into the front has lots of pressure but nothing seems to come out the top four ports when i loosened all those lines off it just dribbles out ..... that's what lead me to believe it's plugged

and when cranking the carb seems dry ... no fuel at all ....

if so how do i clean it out ....