View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 06:59 PM
https://fintail.org

I cut the fader switch off and removed the wires going from it to the head unit. I then took all eight speaker wires and connected them directly to the corresponding eight wires coming from the head unit using a connector block. The stock Mercedes speaker wires are a heavier gauge than the ones coming from the head unit.

I powered on the head unit and it plays much louder now, with better sound quality. The speakers continue to work even at high volume. My problem was either with the fader switch or the way it was wired to go from eight wires to four. Only thing is at high volume the speakers buzz a bit, but that is to be expected of 30-year-old paper speakers. I will probably replace them with some new Blaupunkts if I can find some that fit.

The new Blaupunkt Bahamas head unit matches the interior very well. I am very happy with it, but not sure if Blaupunkt still sells this model (it's not listed on their site). It comes with a remote control, has a mute button and can be turned on and off, is bluetooth/iPod/MP3 ready, has automatic sound (volume increases with speed), 4,096 display colors, CD-RW compatible, 4X45 W built-in amplifier, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
New Blaupunkt CD Player But Speakers Quit Working Temporarily-speakerwire.jpg   New Blaupunkt CD Player But Speakers Quit Working Temporarily-blaubaha.jpg