View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanyel View Post
I remember once when Arthur made a mistake, so theoretically it could happen again.

For sure ..

But I am confident in my understandings of the mentioned chassis and how many sensors a 1995 E320 /124.032 HFM/SFI chassis has .................

..and I went to the extra trouble to post and list all that info/site /part # search/etc. for those who doubt it.
Go back and reread post # 2, where I direct all to the sensor info for BOTH the posters 124 chassis and the included 210 chassis dual sensor page.... just so we are perfectly clear on the differences of the two chassis 02 sensor/s arrangement. OBD1 [ 124/E320] used one 02 b/c they did not monitor after the CAT. That is main function of the second downstream sensor of OBD2 systems . [ 210/E320]

If one doubts a posters answer, just go to the Archieves... The info is all in there for confirmation and comparison ..some correct , some not. ... and the parts are available at the top of the page
My informational explaination of the common mistake made by newbies on the two chassis has been explained. The E320 has always created confusion on many postings [ as we all know] , so that is the main point of both this and my other response to his other posting. 124 and 210 are NOT the same car. They are just both E320 designations.
Anyone posting for E320 info here will be far ahead to mention which one they have if they want a correct response.
When we commonly respond to such a post with "year/model" , it is not a smart-ass response ..it is a mandatory question before we can give out any correct info b/c we know the differences...unless we just assume/guess which chassis..which I have learned not to do..........if there were not as many differences in the two chassis, it would not be of importance to the diagnostics...but there is a difference. So , a simple year or chassis would and will do just fine.............
Done.

Last edited by Arthur Dalton; 12-11-2008 at 07:48 PM. Reason: sp