View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 07:08 AM

If you think that would make you feel better , go ahead.
But your first post mentions your concern of cost.
So, I would at least check the connector under the rug .. I am probably the last guy on this Forum that would recommend changing a part w/o testing it first...I have seen too many " Well, that didn't work, but I guess I needed it anyway" threads.
But there are those who will tell you to just change it....cuz they just wear out... or the code says so....don't make the mistake of what the codes mean...an 02 code does not mean you need an 02 sensor any more than an AIR code means you need an Air Pump...the codes are finding faults in the system that the part is only part of..it could be as simple as a broken wire under the rug. I also explained to you on your other post about the other codes using a homemade tool . If you go get the codes from pin #8 , then you will have a better diagnosis b/c those codes are more 02 specific.
Personally, I never change a part until I test it, specially something that is as simple to test as an 02 sensor.
You have a heater code and I told you how to address it. I tried to keep my answer as DIYer as possible , while still being technically correct
.. you ask a tech question and I have to give you a tech answer.
Will a new 02 solve the problem. ???? ..maybe ...your call. I do realise that it is sometimes a hard thing for an owner to come to a reasoned diagnosis w/o the tools and know-how, so a part change can look like a good alternative, but it is a crap shoot. [ called Shot Gun diagnostics in the trade]
I would test it first , or have your guy test it now that you have gotten the codes.
On your shift delay code 26..that is a simple and common one and I have tutorials on that in the Archieves...or one of the guys here will explain it.

Last edited by Arthur Dalton; 12-12-2008 at 07:47 AM.