View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 01:50 PM

Quick help needed: poiwer issues after Seafoam and Italian tuneup

Hey guys,

Last night I put some seafoam in my fuel tank (about 1/2 can in tank with 9 gals remaining) as well as a 1/4 can in the crankcase. I did a few Italian tuneup runs on the freeway, but they were mild hills. Today on the way to work, I gunned it up a more steeper hill. However by the top of the hill, i could feel the car struggling. On the rest of the drive, which has a few mild uphills, when i pressed the throttle, i could feel it struggling. rpms would get up there, but there was no proportionate increase in power.

When I got to work, it appeared that the fuel in the pre-filter appears slightly darker, so I'm going to NAPA and picking up a few pre-filters and installing one. Hopefully that will solve the issue.

I'm also going to check the nipple off the intake that goes to the overboost valve (solenoid) and clean it off just in case it got gunked up.

So here I am at work and have a very narrow window of opportunity to fix this before my 30 mile commute back home. I really do not want to be stuck on the side of the freeway. Is there anything else I should check? I do plan to replace the fuel tank screen and change my oil and oil filter as well.

Thanks,
Bob