View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 12:22 AM

alright gents, right after dinner, i went through the list of things to check. first thing i did was to removed the spin on fuel filter. i drained it in a large jar, but didnt see much sediment or any tell tale sign that full scale contamination occurred. i was planning to do the tank screen last b/c of the lifting issue.

i checked the trans fluid to see if there was a catastrophic leak of fluid like i had 2 months ago. trans fluid is at the perfect level. for kicks, i checked the engine oil and it is at the 1/2 way mark. both good

walked around and checked the fuel filler cap which is non-oem, but makes a good seal. good there. checked the carpet under the skinny pedal, looks fine.

so i had the shut off valve to check and then the air filter. pulled off the air filter cover and this thing is heavy and sopping wet. today was a big rainy day here in LA and i have not put on the bottom underbody plastic panels and the wheel well moulding. i mean, is that the only thing protecting your air intake from ingesting water? i mean, this thing was soppnig wet. not going to drive it tomorrow as all the autoparts stores are closed now.

thanks rrgrassi, six, etc. for your suggestions. i would've not guessed the air filter