View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 05:03 PM

Cool, thanks Dave. In my owner's manual, the original license plate number is written in there. Its an 8 digit numeric number, no letters. I will research a bit for period correctness and maybe get one made with the original number. The family I bought mine from bought the car in 66 from the Stuttgart plant. I have the original bill of sale, deposit receipt, freight liner carbon copies of the shipment. Dispute correspondence between owner, MB, freightliner, because of miner scratch to the fender upon delivery. Also got a type written letter/itenerary from the travel agent at PanAm Airlines outlining the trip. Papers on freight insurance, tourist insurance. Original receipts for the purchase of various manuals too, all in german. Also have a full page ad from the 67 SF Examiner. Also have the original grill bagdes from both the plant and the dealer, which no longer exists. The car had 4 tires from 3 different decades, which all have been replaced by a fresh set of white walls. But the original spare is still in the trunk. Pretty cool.

So starting to restore the wood now, I presume the long peice on the dash near the windshield is glued down. I don't see any screws.