View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 12:35 PM
Joe

Ill pull it out of the garage run it for 10 mins then shut it off ..20mins later go to start it, it cranks but doesnt start...had to jump the pump out to get it back in the garage. Pump at hot lead had no power. The relay i changed is on the pass side kick pad. The one i heard click when the ignition is first turned on, assuming thats the fuel pump relay. Im thinking of replacing all of them do to the fact that it almost 34 years old.... but If I jump the pump out (hot to the pump) it will start....but you dont always get that pulse when ignition is turned on. If you do hear the pump it will start without the jumper. But when you dont hear it...you dont even hear the relay click for that 3 seconds. Im asuming the ECU gives the pulse fot the fuel pump. Does these ECU's go bad? I didnt even go to the fuel rails yet do to the fact I think it's in the eletrical circut of the fuel pump or ECU...the car has all the original relays and the car only has 19k and always garage kept. Its been sitting for a few years in the garage....I did have this problem 2 times before I put it away a few years ago. But other then that it aways started and ran great...Ill see if i can get the part number of the relay thanks