View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 09:51 PM

Thanks for the details and your history with this issue.

I'm sad to hear that you were unable to cure your wind wander......

Mine has gotten better since I adjusted the box, it seems that at straight ahead the car cannot drift left, but can drift right. I think that is tied to the uneven nature of my play. In other words, I think one side of the gear is snug and the other has a slight gap, thus giving you responsiveness in one direction and slop in the other.

And, if you have to steer just a little to the right into the slop zone, then that car can wander either direction, but not any further left than you have turned the wheel right. In other words, it can wander from the slop zone to the left but it stops drifting left when it hits the end of the slop. Does that make sense?

Just now, I noticed that if I swing the wheel back and forth with the vehicle off but the wheel unlocked, I hear clunks as the wheel hits the end of the slop zone. Something's got a gap in it. Something is worn. The flex joint looks ok, but I'm really gonna dig into this this weekend and find the problem. It really is taking all the fun out of driving the car.....

Thanks again for your help.

Happy New Year.....

-tp